Sprint Race Range
THE ULTIMATE SPEEDSTER FOR FLAT WATER AND CHOP
The Sprint is not just Starboard’s fastest race board; it’s possibly the fastest board in the world, winning more races in the last 2 years than any other board in the industry. The refinement in the rail outline increases top speed, while maintaining stability, so much that a 20.75″ feels as stable as 21.5″.
GREAT STRENGTH, COMPETITIVE WEIGHT, VALUE OFFERING
• Australian Pine reinforcement is used on the full length of the standing area for extra impact strength against dents.
• New UD Carbon reinforced standing area provides extra durability and stiffness at the greatest impact zone.
• UD Carbon reinforcements cover the rail, increasing the strength longitudinally and offer faster recoil.
LIGHTEST WEIGHT, EXTRA DURABILITY, FLEX CONTROL
• This is the lightest and strongest race board construction we have ever offered.
• Super light-weight biaxial carbon is laminated over the entire hull for the lightest weight, best strength ratio and most efficient flex.
• The mid-section of the board has stiffer UD carbon side stringers to maintain the rocker in the critical area, thus optimizing glide.
NEW 1 INCH NARROWER OUTLINE
FASTER SPEED, CLEANER STROKE
• The narrower outline accelerates faster and maintains a higher top speed due to the reduced wetted surface area, limiting friction and drag.
• Despite the narrow width, the size of the inside standing area remains the same as 2019 models.
NEW STRAIGHT AND RAISED RAILS
• Prevents water from wrapping into the standing area, adding excess weight and drag.
• Improves stability due to the lower center of gravity.
NEW DUG OUT RAILS
Shaped for maximum stability, comfort and helps with balance in choppy conditions.
• Since the board is narrower, it sits lower in the water. The lost volume from the outline is redistributed onto the deck, making the shoulder rails higher for extra lift.
• Raised overall profile maintains the Sprints linear glide and balanced trim, minimizing pitching with improved comfort and versatility to handle more challenging conditions.
THICK SLICING NOSE CONE
Reduces pitching and cuts through the water for top-end displacement speed.
ANGLED NOSE DESIGN
With sharp centre nose ridge and angled rails limits water wrapping the nose for a more stable ride, while reducing drag and water weight entering the tray.
OPTIMISED NOSE VOLUME
Provides greater float to reach speed quickly on flat water.
The fuller nose limits pitching in choppy water, giving more pop and release, allowing the rider to keep a steady cadence.
CHAMFERED RAIL EDGE
Provides secondary stability to restrict the board from rolling.
FLAT SIDE PLANE FORM
Creates smoother glide and adds stability.
Feel more controlled and less twitchy when switching between strokes.
The planning surface is reduced by nearly 20%, increasing the glide and overall speed.
The closed tail restricts water from flooding the tray when buoy turning and surfing, resulting in quicker acceleration and speed out of turns.
STRAIGHT TAIL ANGLE
Makes it easier for trimming and buoy turning when stepping back on the tail.
The peak of the tail acts as a moulded tail kicker for comfortable and precise foot positioning to drive pivot turns.
Flat tail creates a smooth release with less wake making it harder for others to draft.
More tail rocker makes it easier to lift the nose in downwind.
Exhausts flush water out of the tray reducing excess water weight.
MULTIPLE HANDLE POSITIONS
To find the perfect grip for running beach starts.
Race Ultra 2.0 Fin supplied with all sizes for
more direct tracking and stability.
For added traction & control when buoy turning and wave riding.