LESSON BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The New Forest Paddle Sport Company – Lesson Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply in place of and prevail over any terms and conditions contained or referred to in any communication from the customer or implied by custom or practice. Other terms and conditions are expressly rejected by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited.
• The contract shall be formed when The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited acknowledge acceptance of the customers booking and have received the required payment.
• Participants must however acknowledge the inherent risks and act in their own best interests
• Participants must be able to swim at least 20 metres and be confident in the water wearing a buoyancy aid.
• Minimum age to paddle their own equipment is 8 years old but only if Buoyancy Aid is fitted safely and secured. Over 5's may accompany an adult on the water as long as a correctly fitted Buoyancy Aid is worn.
• Any customer under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on the water and receiving tuition from The New Forest Paddle Sport Limited. The parent or guardian needs to be aware and accept the risks involved in watersports and satisfy them accordingly.
• All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited Instructors and wear buoyancy aid provided at all times.
• When launching and landing only use designated areas shown by your instructor.
• Loss or breakage of equipment during a session will be charged to the participant at full retail value unless due to fair wear and tear.
• We do not condone the consumption of drugs and alcohol and discourage the use of all equipment while under its influence. We reserve the right to refuse usage of any equipment if we feel the participant is under the influence of drugs and alcohol- the final decision is ours.
• All information is produced in good faith and it is accurate at the time of going to press only.
• Places will be confirmed by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited on receiving full payment or deposit of £10 per person on booking.
Full payment for all BSUPA courses and experiences will be taken 4 weeks prior to date of the session. The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd will contact the customer for payment.
• On line bookings are subject to availability and confirmed upon e-mail receipt of confirmation.
• The following payment methods are accepted: Cash, credit/debit card: Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Delta & Solo, also Paypal payments.
• Cancellation by the customer: All cancellations must be made by telephone (no answer phone messages will be accepted), in writing and sent either by post or email. The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd will acknowledge a cancellation within 24 hours of receiving it. Until the customer has received confirmation the original booking remains valid. Late arrivals and no shows constitute as a cancellation and will be treated as such. No refunds or re bookings will be given. The customer will be charged on the following basis:
• Cancellations made with more than 4 weeks’ notice can expect a full refund where activity has been paid by card, cash or online payment.
Bookings made by New Forest Paddle Sport Company Gift Vouchers are NOT refundable unless agreed by company directors. If your booking is made with a gift voucher you will be offered a free extension of your voucher to use on an alternative date or it can be used as credit against other services offered.
Bookings made using a 3rd party gift voucher supplier are NOT refundable. All 3rd party gift vouchers are only valid until the expiry date shown on the voucher. The New Forest Paddle Sport Company has no control in the extension of these vouchers and you will need to contact the voucher supplier.
• Cancellations made 2 weeks before will be given a 50% refund of the total fee
• Cancellations made less than 2 weeks before a session will receive NO REFUND.
• Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that your lesson runs, The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd may at times need to cancel due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions. The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd shall notify the customer of cancellation of the booking no less than 12 hours prior to the commencement of the booking. In the event of a cancellation by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited, customers will be offered the choice of the following options: -
• Full refund of the fee paid. - (NOT APPLICABLE TO GIFT VOUCHERS)
• Another booking on a different date.
Gift Voucher Valid for 1 year from session date.
• The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising from the sessions by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company or its instructors.
• The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any water proof containers or bags supplied cannot be 100% reliable - any personal property taken onto the water is at your own risk.
• The equipment and staff are insured against accident and third party liability, but personal insurance against injury, accident or loss whilst taking part in any activity is the responsibility of the client and The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited accepts no responsibility for any such injuries, accident, damage or loss to a client. You are advised to take out your own insurance to cover this.
• The Participant should be fit enough to swim 20 metres in light clothing. All participants must advise on the booking form of any illness or medical conditions which could effect them during participation. Any participant suffering Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Giddy Spells, Angina or other Heart Conditions or Pregnancy should consult with their doctor before making a booking.
From time to time photographs taken during hires may be used on the website, in brochures and promotional material.
Any photos uploaded to our social media accounts must be owned by the uploader and be suitable for a family friendly website and maybe used for promotional material. Any image uploaded that is deemed unsuitable for public viewing will be removed by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd.
If customers do not wish to be photographed, please raise this with The New Forest Paddle Sport Company limited instructors at the start of your session.
All clients will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions a copy of which can be provided on request.
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms & Conditions without notice.
The New Forest Paddle Sport Company.