RENTAL BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The New Forest Paddle Sport Company – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply in place of and prevail over any terms and conditions contained or referred to in any communication from the customer or implied by custom or practice. Other terms and conditions are expressly rejected by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited.
• The contract shall be formed when The New Forest Paddle sport Company Limited acknowledge acceptance of the customers booking and have received the required payment.
• Participants must however acknowledge the inherent risks and act in their own best interests
• Participants must be able to swim at least 20 metres and be confident in the water wearing a buoyancy aid.
• Single person bookings are not advised however please contact us to discuss if you feel you have appropriate experience.
• Minimum age to paddle their own equipment is 8 years old but only if Buoyancy Aid is fitted safely and secured. Over 5's may accompany an Adult on the water as long as a correctly fitted Buoyancy Aid is worn.
• Any customer under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on the water and hiring from The New Forest Paddle Sport Limited. The parent or guardian needs to be aware and accept the risks involved in hiring and satisfy them accordingly.
• All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by the Hiring provider and wear buoyancy aid provided at all times.
• When Launching and Landing only use designated areas or ask the land owners permission before launching or landing and pay any fees at that site.
• A security deposit in the form of bank card or driving licence will be requested for all bookings.
• Loss or breakage of equipment will be charged to the hirer at full retail value unless due to fair wear and tear.
• We do not condone the consumption of alcohol and discourage the use of all equipment while under its influence. We reserve the right to refuse usage of any equipment if we feel the hirer is under the influence of alcohol- the final decision is ours.
• Any hirers who are fishing must abide by the appropriate rules and regulations and furnish themselves with suitable licences.
• All information is produced in good faith and it is accurate at the time of going to press only.
• Hire will be confirmed by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited on receiving full payment.
• The following payment methods are accepted: Cash, credit/debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Delta & Solo, also Paypal payments are accepted.
• Cancellation by the customer: All cancellations must be made by telephone (no answer phone messages will be accepted), in writing and sent either by post or email. The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd will acknowledge a cancellation within 24 hours of receiving it. Until the customer has received confirmation the original booking remains valid. Late arrivals and no shows constitute as a cancellation and will be treated as such. No refunds or re bookings will be given.
The customer will be charged on the following basis:
• Cancellations made with more than 2 weeks’ notice can expect a full refund where activity has been paid by card, cash or Paypal.
• All bookings, 50% of the total fee where cancellation takes place within two weeks (14 days) of the booked date
• All bookings, 25% of the total fee where cancellation takes place within one week (7 days) of the booked date.
• 100% of the total hire fee where cancellation takes place on or after the commencement date of the hire. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that the hire actually runs, The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd may at times need to cancel due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the hire. In this circumstance we shall inform the customer as soon as is feasibly possible. The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd shall notify the customer of cancellation of the booking no less than 12 hours prior to the commencement of the booking. In the event of a cancellation by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Limited, customers will be offered the choice of the following options: -
• Full refund of the fee paid;
• Another booking on a different date.
Gift Voucher valid for 1 year from hire date.
• The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising from the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
• The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any water proof containers or bags supplied cannot be 100% reliable - any personal property taken onto the water is at your own risk.
From time to time photographs taken during hires may be used on the website, in brochures and promotional material.
Any photos uploaded to our social media pages must be owned by the uploader and be suitable for a family friendly website and maybe used for promotional material. Any image uploaded that is deemed unsuitable for public viewing will be removed by The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd.
If customers do not wish to be photographed, please raise this with The New Forest Paddle Sport Company ltd when arriving for their hire.
All clients will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions a copy of which can be provided on request.
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms & Conditions without notice.
The New Forest Paddle Sport Company Ltd